Pages

Thursday 17 November 2011

Baked Vegetable Salad Recipe

I was ignorant about the variety of salads one can dish out until one of my Iraqi friends introduced me to this wonderful baked vegetable salad one day. He made it especially for me as I'm a vegetarian. Gosh, the moment I had a bite, it simply melted out in my mouth like a cream! That salad simply inspired me to keep on experimenting with the vegetables. Now, lemme share one such experiment here.


Ingredients: 

Baked Vegetable Salad With Mediterranean Spices

  • Baby Carrots - 4-5 stk
  • Mushrooms - 150 gms 
  • Broccoli - 150 gms
  • Brussels Sprouts - 150 gms
  • Sun Dried Tomatoes - 5-6 stks
  • Asparagus - 6-8 stk
  • Baby Potatoes - 4stks
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 2-3tbs
  • Oregano - 1tbs
  • Red Chili flakes - 1tbs (depending on your capacity for hot)
  • Black Pepper Powder - 1-2 tsp (depending on your capacity for hot)
  • Salt to taste
Procedure: 
  1. Pre heat the oven to 180 degree celsius for 10 minutes. 
  2. Cut the potatoes into halves, carrots into four parts and mushrooms into 6 parts. Also, remove the bottom stems of Asparagus.
  3. Take an oven tray and mix the above ingredients including the spices and marinate it for 5-10minutes. 
  4. Now bake it in the oven with 200 degree celsius for 15-20 minutes or until all the vegetables are evenly baked.
Remove it from the oven and serve hot. You can also garnish it with a tsp of lemon juice as it will give the tangy flour.  


PS:The pic does not indicate asparagus, cheery tomatoes and baby potatoes as the pic is a bit older one. The salad recipe I had shared here is the result of my cooking evolution :)

1 comments:

ShaK said...

Simple but very delicious. Healthy too!

Post a Comment